A strategy that I have come across is that the Diagnostic Agent (DAA) is installed on a host is copied over across other hosts through disk copied (ex: rsync) and then individually configured (corrected actually) using the following steps:
- As root user, stop saposcol and saphostexec
- Logon as daaadm (or the <sid>adm with which Diagnostic Agent is configured)
- Connect DAA to Solution Manager (the example shows connectivity to P4 port, you can also connect via Message Server using a slightly different command)
/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<NN>/script/smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"<FQDN of Managing Solution Manager Host" port:"<Solution Manager P4 Port>"
- Cleanup secure storage of the old DAA
/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<NN>/script/smdsetup.sh secstorej2ee user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"<password>"
- Start DAA (saposcol and saphostexec will be automatically started by the diagnostic agent)
- From Agent Administration, go to Non-Authenticated Agents tab and click on "Push Credentials