Ask questions that force the interviewer to envision you working with the team. When they are making a decision later, they will have this image in mind. Some questions:
- "Based on what you know about me now, what kinds of positive impacts can I make on your organization?"
- "What is one thing I could accomplish in my first 6 months here that would have the most impact"
- "What area would I be working in and with whom would I be working with?"
Questions to let them know that you are not just interested in a job, but rather a career with them:
- "As an employee of this company, what kind of tools and resources are available to support my career growth and development."
- "What makes a successful employee here? What separates someone who is great from someone who is good?"
If you want to find out work culture:
- "What do you like about working here?"
- "What is a typical day at this organization"
and obviously, when can you expect to hear back from them:
- "When can I expect to hear from you?"
- "What is your timeline for the hiring process?"